Sunday, August 9, 2009

Movie Memories - January 2009 Releases

I've been keeping track of all the movies I've seen this year on my other blog. It struck me today that these movies weren't just fun in the theaters, they were memories made with Good friends. I knew there was a reason I didn't like going to the movies alone. =)
Memories sometimes fade with time and so I am cataloging those memories here.

Ink Heart
I went to see Ink Heart at an AMC theater close by. This was my first experience at this little theater, it was once a Lowes and it only has a few screens. I went with my brother and my sister around 7pm at night. We were three of a few people sitting in the theater.

My brother was being antisocial, he was sitting in the back on his phone making stupid comments here and there. I'm not entirely sure why he came to the movies with us, but I am glad that we all got to spend some time together.

I've read Ink Heart by Cornelia Funke and I loved the series so I was rather excited to see it portrayed on film. I didn't quite get into the film as I did the book, but they stayed as true to the book as they could within the space of two hours.

Afterwards we went back home, it was a school night and they had school the next day.


Taken
I had seen this movie before the official release, I enjoyed it. When I saw it in theaters I wasn't really going to see it, I actually wanted to see Coraline in 3D. I was IMing with my friend Dan and he wanted to see Coraline as well, so he came over to my house and we drove to the theater. This was my first outing with Dan, he was still a new friend so I was a bit nervous hanging out with him as I wasn't quite sure how conversation would come.

We got to the theater and they said they had stopped showing Coraline in 3D and so we decided to look at the list of things that they were showing to see what we wanted to see. Another AMC theater close by was showing Madea Goes To Jail. I wasn't too keen on seeing that one, but there was no other movie to see that either one of us had not already seen.

We got to the second theater and were told that they had cancelled that slot's showing of MGTJ and so we tried to figure out what we should see. I had seen Taken, he had not. It was an action flick and since I did drag him all the way to LI from Queens I decided to see it again. I didn't mind, I liked it when I saw it first. So we purchased our tickets and headed in for the show. Conversation was fine and I enjoyed seeing the movie again.

After the movie, I drove us back to my home where his car was parked and we parted ways - him going home and me getting ready to go into the city to see my friends that night. It was Unlimites Mussels night at Le Petite Abeille. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment