Friday, September 25, 2009

Movie Memories - August 2009 Releases

Continuing from this post. It's time to tackle the movies with an August release date. Movie memories are memories about a particular movie that you have seen with friends and what happened leading up to and after the movie but not necessarily a movie review.

G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra
The unemployment crew went to see this one together. Sarah set up the viewing of the movie and we all met up at the theater to see it.

The show itself was OK, I was not very impressed with the overall action/dialogue, but it was nice to see the cartoon make it on the big screen.

Afterwards we went to grab some pizza together - well, one person grabbed pizza the rest of us just sat around watching him eat. Then we went down to Starbucks where I had a conversation with Chris and then after he left read my book while sitting with Norm and his friend Tim (I think). Overall it was a nice time.

Julie & Julia
I saw this one with Dan, we took an early show - there were tons of old ladies there.

The movie was fun and delicious. I wanted to go home and bake and stew and generally just make yummy stuff to eat but instead we went to Cheesecake factory where we had yummy foods.

District 9
Eddie and I caught this film. At first I wasn't really sure I wanted to go see it, however, we ended up watching it and I loved it.

I found the style it was filmed in - documentary - was pretty cool and the story was bittersweet. It left an opening for a sequel and I would definitely go watch the sequel.

Afterward, Eddie came back to my home and we had chinese food. Then later Becky came over and she was studying while I was on my laptop and Eddie was playing my guitar. We made some mug brownies and had it with icecream ... yummy.

Inglourious Basterds
Another one of the unemployment crew movie time. A few of us - and some employed folks who skipped work - caught this one in Forest Hills.

I am surprised to say that I loved this movie. The dialogue was witty and the pace was good. There was some gore but it wasn't too much to distract.

We all parted ways afterward, I think this was the last movie the unemployed group will see together. Most of us are now somewhat employed.

No comments:

Post a Comment